Thursday, October 25, 2007

Peace, Tranquility and Nature

We have just returned from a great vacation on the Sea of Cortez. No TV, no phones, no internet…just peace, tranquility and nature!!

The house we rented was right on the Sea of Cortez, just steps from the water. It is not the tourist season yet in that area, so we enjoyed having the beach pretty much to ourselves. My sister and I walked for miles each morning collecting sea shells and enjoying the deserted beach.


In the evenings we were gifted with beautiful sunsets.
We made some Mexicans happy. Knowing that we would be staying next to some of the poorest barrios (neighborhoods) in the area, we bought toys to hand out to the children. And we collected children’s clothing from family and friends to give to the Mexican families in the area. Pictured are just a few new friends from the barrio.



I made one special friend who has stolen my heart. He is holding a special teddy bear that was sent to him from my little friend Cam, a second grader from New Hampshire. I had picked up some children’s clothing from his mother and at the last minute when I was about to drive out, Cam donated one of his favorite toys. Thank you Cam!! Your teddy has a new home and you have a friend for life in Mexico.

Mexico is always one of my favorite destinations. I love the Mexican people. They are so loving and friendly.

Hasta Luego
Gypsy Girl

3 comments:

Babs said...

Geez, I'm glad you're back and had such a good time.......when are you arriving in San Miguel? It is cold here (37 degrees this a.m.) but it "warmed up" to mid 60's...brrrr.

gartenfische said...

Beautiful. How wonderful that you thought to bring clothes and toys for the children. I would love to visit Mexico.

Brenda Maas said...

Just curious, where were you staying on the Sea of Cortez? I live in Guaymas, Sonora.