Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Skinny Bitch

My daughter passed this book on to me this week knowing that I read everything I can get my hands on about health and nutrition.

It is not a book I would have picked up myself to read, but I am sure glad that I read it.

It is written in a bit of an off the wall, unorthodox style for my taste, yet I found it very entertaining, as well as informative. They use a “bad girl, skinny bitch” approach and some very strong and expressive language to get their point across.

And they do get their point across. The book really hits the nail on the head when it comes to exposing the food industry in the good old U S of A. And it has no mercy on the government agencies that are suppose to be protecting us from all the crap that is put in our food.

A very quick read and well worth it. That is if you have the stomach for reading about the cruelty to animals that takes place (trust me, it is very graphic), the horrific harmful additives to our foods, and all the evil doing of our lovely government agencies and the food industry that they are in bed with. The authors even go as far as to name names on who is taking pay offs in the form of campaign contributions, jobs, perks…you name it…they stop at nothing.

The book is informative about life style changes and making healthy choices and gives good information about eating the right stuff. They touch upon nutrition, vitamins, fasting and exercise. But mostly they tell us to WAKE UP and take the initiative of being responsible for our own health and well being. And to OPEN OUR EYES and see for ourselves what is going on with what we call food.

They list several great websites and there is an extensive list of books on health, well being and nutrition.

But mainly both authors are vegans and do a wonderful number on how the American public is being duped by the meat and dairy industries that are poisoning us while our government sits back and enjoys the perks and pay-offs.

Even if you are not vegetarian and have no desire to give up meat, it is definitely worth reading just to be informed on what’s really going on out there.


Gypsy Girl

No comments: