Monday, June 16, 2008

"Enlightenment for Idiots"

I just finished reading Enlightenment for Idiots by Anne Cushman.

I couldn’t put it down. I laughed and cried and thoroughly enjoyed the adventures of Amanda, the protagonist, on her search for enlightenment.

Entwined with wit and wisdom, it is sometimes hilarious, sometimes serious but always thought provoking.

It is filled with spiritual insights, and real life characters, warts and all. Some zany, some down to earth, even some that resemble people in my own life. They are sure to tickle your funny bone, as well as warm your heart.

Whether you are a yoga enthusiast or don't know a thing about yoga, and are looking for a good summer read, you'll find this book enjoyable.

Who knows you may even find enlightenment!!


Namaste

Gypsy Girl

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Mmmm. Absolutely; a must read. I'll have fun and maybe I'll get inspired, I definitely feel like a dummy on the Enlightment department... :P

Gypsy Girl said...

Join the club!! And Amanda is no exception. She feels like a dummy just like the rest of us. Thats what makes it such a nice read. It is so real. We've probably all said the same things and had the same feelings that she has.

alfia said...

Sounds interesting! Thank you for sharing, I think I will get the book and read it.
:)

Gypsy Girl said...

Hi alfia, I think it will give you a few laughs. You'll recognize a few of the yogis, you may even know some.

Arturo said...

Hi GG
OMG, the E word. I have to be careful where I use it in newsgroups or I will be clobbered, since there is nothing to attain.

Just kidding. I like the gone fishing excuse. I wonder if people sometimes are gone fishing mentally while still physically at their POE.

Cheers,
Arturo