Wednesday, July 4, 2007

As Easy As 1, 2, 3...???

Google Blogger set up tells you that in 3 easy steps you can set up a blog. Although that is true (even a computer illiterate like me did it that simply), what Google doesn't take into consideration is that there are those of us who will have a difficult time going beyond that.

Like myself, early baby boomers come from the generation that remembers the first black and white TVs. And even some other things that are oddities today, like iceboxes and outhouses. The world of computer technology, which comes so easily to the young kids today, is still a mystery to a great portion of the older generation. When I got my first computer I was afraid to touch the keys because I thought if I did something wrong I would blow the thing up. Just the thought of installing software gave me nightmares. I thought things would get all jumbled up inside and nothing would function.

So for me it is quite an accomplishment to have set up a blog so quickly. But, here is where the problem comes in. I look at other blogs and websites and they have lots of photos, links and other cool stuff. And I want all those bells and whistles that I haven't figured out how to do yet and may never figure out.

Road Trip

Right now I am about to put on my traveling shoes and head for Nova Scotia. So learning new computer skills will have to wait till I return. Bear with me, maybe I will figure out how to add some cool stuff for when I tell about my Nova Scotia experience.

Happy Travels
Gypsy Girl

No comments: