Monday, July 2, 2007

Traveling Shoes

THINGS I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT

My first passion in life is my family. They’re not just my family, they also happen to be my best friends and we spend lots of time together.

My second passion is traveling. I am always either dreaming or scheming about traveling, planning my next trip or I have my traveling shoes on and I am exploring some far off place.

It’s a joy to travel with my family. But, more often than not, it’s just me and my husband traveling together. Our grandchildren put on long faces when they hear we are leaving for a trip. It causes them some anxiety if we say that it’s more than a few days. Isn’t it great to be loved so much?!!!

I love to study Spanish and I have many pen-pals and friends from Spanish-speaking countries, that I write to on a regular basis. It’s a fun way to learn a language.

KEEPING IN TOUCH

It’s not always easy to keep in touch while traveling.
Instant messaging with the grandkids is great, but we’re not always on-line at the same time. Answering e-mails can be overwhelming when you have so many waiting to hear from you. And telephones are not always readily available. Forget about snail mail!! I am always home before my postcards arrive, IF they ever do arrive.

TRAVELING SHOES

So I have created this blog to serve as a way to keep in touch with family, friends and pen-pals. And for anybody else who is interested in reading it.

I hope you enjoy!!
Gypsy Girl

No comments: