Monday, December 31, 2007

Great Expectations

It is that time of year again when everyone is thinking about making resolutions, having goals and setting intentions. We all have great expectations for the coming year.

As each year comes to an end, I write my goals and expectations for the coming year in a journal. I always make long lists and set the bar high for myself, hoping that I will make great leaps of progress in all areas of my life that need improvement, or incorporating new things in my life that will help enhance my wellbeing and way of life.

I like to look back at last year’s goals and intentions to check my progress and I am always amazed at how much I have accomplished by just setting the intention.

That doesn’t mean that I accomplish everything I set out to do. But would I have accomplished as much as I did if I hadn’t set the bar so high? HMMM…good question. All I know is that if I have a long list of things to work on, it seems that more gets done than if I have a short list or no list at all.

Some things don’t get accomplished as desired, but there is always a lesson in it. By looking back, it helps me see the areas that need more work, it helps me see how to build on what I have already been working on and it helps me to set my intentions and goals and chart the course for the coming year.

Regardless of whether we want to be healthier, happier, wiser, more prosperous, or more physically fit; setting the bar higher rather than lower is a good thing. At least, it works for me.

Happy New Year!!!
I wish you peace, love and laughter
Gypsy Girl

No comments: