Thursday, August 2, 2007

Yoga On The Beach

My daughter rents a house at the beach each year, and our whole family enjoys great beach days together. It’s only 20 minutes from our home town. So it is an easy ride to the beach each day for those of us who drive back and forth. This year the beach weather has been excellent.

Most of the time my daughter has the beach house filled with any combination of kids…cousins…friends. It is great for us all because generally the whole family shows up at some time during the day. It makes for memorable summer vacations for the kids. (and us too!)


Yesterday I did my early morning yoga practice on the beach to the sound of the surf. It was great. My 4 youngest granddaughters opted to sleep in, instead of practicing yoga with Gram, but I did get them to strike a pose for me!! I love that I have introduced my grandkids to yoga at an early age. I don’t push them, I just let them participate if they want to. One of their favorite things to do is to look at the photos in Yoga Journal and try to do the pose.

Last year we spent 2 weeks on Waikiki Beach with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. My sister-in-law and I practiced yoga on the beach each day at just about sunrise. It was an awesome experience. Sun salutations while the sun was rising. After yoga practice we would walk along the beach for a few miles, then jump in the ocean for a swim. What a way to start your day!!!

Tomorrow morning my sister-in-law and I will be practicing yoga on the beach in front of my daughter’s beach house. Then we will walk a few miles along the beach before going for a morning swim.

If only summer could last a little longer.

Gypsy Girl

3 comments:

gartenfische said...

Someday, I will practice yoga on a beach! Sounds wonderful.

Cute picture!

Kris said...

Ah, Yoga in the sand :-) I used to practice Tai Chi on the beach whenever the chance arose. A whole new element of balance ;-)

GlamSpirit said...

Love the pic. So adorable!