Monday, September 17, 2007

The Gift of Travel

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

I have a Gypsy soul that loves to wander and a never endless desire to explore every corner of this beautiful earth we live on.

My husband and I travel as often as we can, just the two of us and sometimes with our family.

But I think my favorite vacations are when we take each of our grandchildren on a one-on-one vacation when they complete the eighth grade and again when they graduate from High School.

We love to instill in them the joy of traveling, an appreciation for the wonders of the world and the beauty of all the world’s people.

Today I received a letter from my granddaughter who is in a study abroad program in Limerick Ireland. She thanked us for inspiring her to travel and said if it wasn’t for us and the trips to Mexico and Spain that we took her on that she probably wouldn’t be studying abroad right now.

It warms my heart to see that she is experiencing the world with a great sense of wonder and delight…. Exploring…Dreaming…Discovering.


Happy Travels
Gypsy Girl

1 comment:

gartenfische said...

What a beautiful legacy you are leaving your grandchildren! This is worth way more than giving them money or other material gifts.

-gartenfische