Friday, September 7, 2007

"There's No Place Like Home"

I’ve just returned from another phenomenal trip.

I must have been a gypsy in another lifetime or lived some kind of a nomad life, because I love traveling. I am constantly either on vacation or planning for the next travel adventure.

I am ready to pack up and go at a moments notice. Someone once joked that I should carry my toothbrush and passport with me at all times, just in case I might be passing an airport and get the urge to take a trip.

I love the excitement of meeting new people and learning about different cultures. I can walk for miles and miles just soaking up the architecture, museums, churches and landscapes that surrounds me.

I love to venture off the beaten path, savoring areas that most travelers never see. And sampling the foods of the world is always a delight. I don’t mean those fancy touristy restaurants. I’d much rather eat with the locals.

But no matter how delightful and fulfilling traveling can be, there is something special about coming home.

In The Wizard of Oz Dorothy sure had it right, because when I get home, the first thing I do is drop my bags and say “There‘s no place like home”.

I love that feeling of peace and tranquility that envelopes me like a warm blanket as I enter my home. When I walk into my kitchen, I love the faint lingering smell of herbs that I don’t notice when I am here every day.

And God do I love my own bed. What a joy! I can’t wait for my first night’s sleep in my bed. I am in dreamland as soon as I hit the pillow…..dreaming and scheming for my next vacation.


Happy Travels
Gypsy Girl

No comments: